Under Omache's Eye

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I Got a Job!

Success! I got onto blogger. So I get home from classes yesterday and there's a message on the machine from Melinda at Tunstall Dining Hall. She said she came across my application and that there was a position open in the dish room. I called back and said I was interested. She told me to come by the next day between 9:30 and 5:30. So after my 9:00 class, I stop by there and see her. All she really asked about was whether or not I could do it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 5:30 to 8:30 every week. I said of course and she gave me the job! She showed me around and gave me a few details about the job and who I will be working with. I'm just so happy that after four months of searching, I finally found a job. She also said that I will be able to pick up more hours after some time. She also said that as long as I say ahead of time, I can get some weekends off. I'm very excited.

In other news, me and Rena met with Steve Dazey for dinner last night. It was really nice. We talked about next summer and mainly about who our directors will be. There's still a lot of slots we need to fill, so I need to go and make some calls out to past staff members and try to recruit some friends from school as well. If anybody reading this has this next summer free, contact me! Being a staff member is one of the most rewarding things you could do for yourself. Oh yeah, one more thing: I have a new email address for those who want it. Its omache@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home