Under Omache's Eye

Monday, November 15, 2004

Faculty Recital

I went to the Faculty Recital last night. Hilarious. Most of it was contemporary music. My favorite piece was one that our percussion professor wrote himself. It was titled "Preacher" and it was for tamborine and voice. The whole piece was him preaching to us about the beauty of music that incorporated minor 2nds, minor 9ths, and tritones. There were many jokes in there as well. For instance, "There are many out there who thing that a diminished fifth is an almost empty bottle of whiskey. There are many out there that think a tritone are the three notes to Louie Louie." He went on for about five minutes, the audience cracking up the whole time.

Anyways, I finished my rough draft for my history paper last night was a wonderful seven and a half pages. Its good to know that I already passed the minimum length for it and I only have written less than a page on the Renaissance! I'll add about two and a half pages to it for the final draft, and that will be easy. We finalized the name to our brass quintet yesterday. We're called "Das Uber Brassen". Excellent, huh? By the way, everybody should check out a post on Francis' blog that is developing quite a bit of controversy; feel free to put your two cents in if you haven't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home