Under Omache's Eye

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Well, a lot of things have been going on since the last time I posted. First of all, Spring Break was awesome. Hanging out with my friends, being back with Rena, being home. I couldn't of enjoyed it more. I had a listening exam on Monday for Music History and I got an 82% on it! I was really excited because I've gotten a D on every listening test I've taken since I've been here. The written exam I took yesterday might be another story though.

The rest of my week hasn't been as well. Monday night, my chapter had our retention vote. This means that everybody does a secret ballot and votes for which probationary member they want to keep in. If they don't get 75% of the votes, then they are kicked out, no questions asked. In past years, when someone got voted out, they would come before the brotherhood and state their case. This year, it was more of a popularity contest. There were 23 voting members who showed up. A probationary member needed 17 out of those 23 votes to stay in. My little had 16. I'm pissed. He was busting his ass and the people who voted him out didn't even try and get to know them better than acquaintances. Although it is the job of the probationary member to get to know the actives, it is the actives' job as well. Most of them voted based solely on the pad, the pad of which is an instrument used to get to know the actives better. Logan would have made an outstanding contribution to this fraternity and a good example of our chapter. At least the 16 people who voted for him knew that. Eight out of the 15 probationary were voted out. That is retarded. I made it a point to get to know every probationary member in the first week of their semester. There is something wrong with the brother who can't get to know the people pledging his fraternity after a few months. I don't think I want another little. I really tried with Logan and had a great time as his big. We've grown pretty close these last few months. He is transferring to another school next year. He is thinking of University of Louisville. I had to tell the rest of my family tree. They were none to happy about it. I'm the last active member of my family tree and if I don't get a little, my tree will die. I don't care anymore. Logan was my little. Logan will always be my little, whether I can call him that or not anymore.

To top of the week, this morning there was a memorandum on the elevator doors. It said that someone had broken the visitation rights and therefore everybody on the floor must now pay. We lose our visitation rights for the rest of the semester. If we are caught with a female in our room at all for the rest of the semester, we will be written up. First of all, its a stupid rule in the first place. We are all adults, that's the reason we're in college. As long as they aren't keeping me up, I can give a rat's ass if they're in someone else's room past midnight. It doesn't affect me to much because I don't have much use of the rule anyways, because my girlfriend is in Washington. But I do have some friends that are female and they should be able to hang out in my room if they want too. I feel like we're suddenly in 3rd grade again. "Because of one person, everybody must be punished." I only know like five other people on our floor. What the hell is that going to accomplish? We just have a bad hall director who wants to prove to everybody on campus that she has power, so nobody better disagree with her. Well fuck her. What a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home