Under Omache's Eye

Monday, March 08, 2004

I put this quote on a comment on my friend Amanda's site: "I rarely pray. I prefer to speak to my goddess through my daily actions, and through my honest emotions. I need not gloss over what has occurred with petty words, twisting them to show myself most favorably. If Mielikki [his goddess] is with me, then she knows the truth, knows how I act and how I feel." -Drizzt Do-Urden. Although Drizzt is a fictional character, that doesn't mean his words aren't true. Think about them. Put them into context with your relationship to your Creator. Going to church and pray doesn't mean a thing if you don't back up those words with actions. Going to church is not going to make you a better person. Just being a better person will do that. Try and live your life to what you believe is righteous. Be a moral person, but don't trample on the beliefs of others. Please comment if you disagree with me or simply want to add your views on prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home