Under Omache's Eye

Friday, April 09, 2004

A lot has happened in the past week. In four weeks, I'm coming home, and I'm coming home for good. This is my last semester at MSU. Next year, I'm transferring to Central Washington University. I will truly miss my friends and being able to study under Dr. Baker. Most of all though, I will truly miss my brothers. This time has to come sooner or later though. I really think this is the best thing for me and for my parents. I will graduate a lot sooner over there. I will also be a lot closer to home. Its in Ellensburg, about two hours east of Seattle. I will actually be able to go home some weekends! I'll be able to see Rena more than once every few months. It drives me crazy having to be separated from my home and all the people associated with my home for so long. The music department over there is pretty good. I doubt I'll get the same quality of instruction with the tuba, but that's not the real reason I'm a music major. They're spending $29 million on renovating the music building over there. They have five new CC tubas and a new F tuba. All this school cares about is making the community believe that they care about us. The spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on new uniforms and a grand piano, but neither of those things helps MY education. We already had a good grand piano and most people still prefer it over the new one because the new one is a Yamaha. It will be good to be home. I sent in my application two days ago. They said it will take up to six weeks to process it. I'm going to schedule a campus visit in about a month and check out the music building a bit more. Well, that's all I'm going to talk about right now. I'll try and keep you guys posted on what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home