Under Omache's Eye

Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'm so frustrated right now. Dr. Gries, the music dept. Chair, has not emailed me back about the details of my class enrollment. For you who don't know, I was only able to enroll in two out of the eight classes I needed to enroll in. The rest are full of underclassmen. These are the only classes that I can take. I gave him a week. Tomorrow I'm headed to Ellensburg with my mom and fiance. The original plan was to look for apartments. Now, I'm going there to figure out whether or not I'm going to be enrolled for fall quarter or not. I'm not going to spend money for an apartment for only two classes! That's bullshit. I'll be just as happy taking the quarter off and getting a full time job around here. Then I can maybe earn enough money for my college that my parents will actually be happy with me. My mom is pissed at me because I didn't take care of this in late July during the Transfer Student Orientation. She said I should have just taken a day off from camp, that this was more important. Does she even realize what the fuck my job is? I'm the Program Director! I can't take a day off! I think I have done a good job at directing her anger toward the university instead of me. Sometimes I wonder just how much I really have to do to make my parents proud of me. I'm just glad that Rena will be with me tomorrow and we'll be spending the rest of the weekend at camp, my escape from the frustrations of life. I just want to be graduated and get a job and settle down with Rena. I've done enough work in college. It's bullshit that a Music Ed. Degree is so much harder than other bachelor degrees. Maybe I'm just ranting, I don't know. I just need to get some closure, one way or the other.

3 Comments:

  • No, you're right it is BS. I hear you loud and clear bro, I hope everything goes all right, and you get in your classes. And I'm sure your parents are proud of you, they are just as frustrated about it as you are.

    By Blogger Francis, at 9:08 AM  

  • Andy says you should masturbate more often.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 4:05 PM  

  • Thanks Grandbig.

    By Blogger Screeching Cedar, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home