Under Omache's Eye

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A New Year, a New Life

Wow. So much has changed in the last two months since the last time I posted. I've recently been promoted from part-time scout shop clerk to Senior Store Manager. I went from being paid 8 bucks an hour to getting a salary of $42,200 a year plus benefits. In a few months, I'm getting a $4000 a year raise. I consider myself very lucky to be put in this position, but now I'm determined not to fuck it up. As a result, I'm overworking myself. I have two full-time employees who work for me. Pearlie's brother just died, so she took a few days of bereavement leave. Tracy, a woman who's a little bitter because she's been working there for 8 years now and wasn't even considered for the promotion, has been acting like a little girl. We had a snow storm a few days ago. She gets freaked out with the littlest amount of snow or ice on the roads and refuses to come to work for two days in a row. This leaves me and my boss trying to run the scout shop by ourselves when we both of other work to get done. I'm just glad my boss was available that day to work in Seattle, otherwise I would have gotten no work done whatsoever. Other than that, work has been going pretty well. I'm getting the hang of things rather quickly and my territory manager seems to be pretty happy with my progress.

The holiday season was great. Among my favorite gifts were Final Fantasy XII, a paint set to paint miniatures, World of Warcraft the Boardgame, the new R.A. Salvatore book, and Guitar Hero. I'm also planning on purchasing a Nintendo Wii as soon as one becomes available. I have high hopes for next weekend. Costco and Target are both getting shipments in. Loki is huge now. He weighs thirteen pound and is only eight months old. His growing has definitely slowed down though. He's a sweet cat, but he likes to sleep on my head at night. That's about it in my life right now. Happy New Year everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home