Under Omache's Eye

Monday, January 30, 2006

Tuba symposium

I went to the Northwest Tuba/Euphonium symposium on Saturday. It was pretty awesome. However, I did not get much sleep this weekend because of it. I woke up at 5 am and we left at 5:30. The symposium was at Eastern which is in Cheney. This means it is in the butt-fuck of nowhere. We showed up at about 9:00. There were players from Central, Eastern, UW, WSU, Oregon, and Idaho there. The coolest part was me getting a free half hour lesson with Chris Olka. He's not only the principle tubist of the Seattle Symphony, but also a Sinfonian. Really good guy and a great tuba player. All of the faculty members gave a recital at the end of the day. It was bitchen. It was a long drive home. I got back at my apartment at about 1:15 in the morning. And then I had to wake up for work seven hours later. But that's another post...

3 Comments:

  • "bitchen"?

    By Blogger Amanda, at 11:43 AM  

  • Bro, you should have been at the Tuba/Euphonium Army Band Conference. That my friend was beautimous...especially since I got to meet some of the biggest names in the tuba world!

    By Blogger Francis, at 8:57 PM  

  • Bragging and Bitching on the same page hummmm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home