Under Omache's Eye

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Fun, distress, and classes, oh my!

Figured I'd post since I haven't done so in like two weeks. Aaron and Soloman came over last weekend. It was awesome. I had a great time. We spent most of the weekend playing dungeons and dragon and just screwing around. It couldn't have been a better way to spend the weekend. Rena's folks came on Monday morning. That was fun as well. They're trying to get onto this reality TV show called "The Great Race" or something like that. It's on CBS and its about different teams traveling around the world looking for clues or something like that. I've never seen it but I agreed to do it if our team gets picked. During the course of the visit, we made video footage of us doing crazy stuff around Ellensburg. We're also did interviews of ourselves. I let my nature geekiness reign supreme in it. Other than that, we watched Hitch which was a funny good movie and played Cranium. I am still the clay-master, though team testosterone lost. The girls must've cheated, there can be no other explanation. We went out to dinner and then they left. So, it was Monday night and I had a Woodwinds project due the next day at 2:00 which I hadn't started yet. I skipped my 9:00 and 10:00 the next morning. I finished the project at about 1:30 ish. Wow.

In other news, I registered for next quarter. I'll be taking Class Voice, Choir, General Music Methods, Private Tuba, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Flute Methods, and Ethnic Awareness. I'm quitting my Brass Quintet because the direction its going in isn't the way I want it to go. But the rest of the quintet harbors no hard feelings, so that's good. Also, because I'll be in Choir, I can't be in Brass Choir. I'll be applying to the TEP next week (as soon as I get my last transcript in). I can see the end of the road. After this next quarter, I will only have three music classes left to take and six education classes. I'm not as close to graduating as I thought I was, but I should be able to start student teaching next spring. I got my first paycheck yesterday. And I found out that I should've received another one already. After going in between payroll and the cashier's office for an hour, I finally got it. So now, Rena and I are $167 richer! By the end of the weekend, we'll be $550 poorer. Damn you rent! Anyways, next weekend we go up to camp for another round of staff interviews. It's going to be busy, I'm very excited. That reminds me, I need to make about two dozen phone calls to past staffers this weekend. Hasta Luego!

1 Comments:

  • I think it would be really awesome if you were NOT involved in a reality television show.... but my opinion of you won't suffer too much if you do...

    By Blogger Amanda, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home