Under Omache's Eye

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

My jury went really well. I was pretty nervous but I nailed the first piece. I played "Adagio" from "The Limpid Stream" by Shostakovich and "Tuba Concerto" by Gregson. The second piece could have been a little better, but I think I played very well seen as how nervous I was. It didn't help that it was like 45 degrees in the recital hall! Today, I need to call Olympic College to ask why they haven't sent out my transcript yet, and I need to call Central to schedule my campus visit with them on the 14th. I'm very excited to see the music department over there and to meet the tuba professor, he seems like an easy-going guy.

I'm really seeing the end of my time here in mort now. I'm really excited to go back home, but I'm going to miss everybody so much. I have made so many close friendships over here and I know I will probably not see most of them ever again. I will especially miss all of my brothers. Phi Mu Alpha has made such a huge impact in my life these last two years and they are like my family. I just want to give a word out to all of my mort buddies. I love you all and wish you the best of luck with college. I know all of you will become successful and live happy lives. I'll never forget these two short years with you guys, and know that you have helped me grow in so many ways since I have come here. And for all of my brothers: OAS AAS LLS! Work, Live, Bleed. A special thanks goes out to Logan, for helping me become a complete Sinfonian. I am content that we have taught each other much during your probationary semester and we both have a great experience to show for it. Even though you aren't my brother, you will always be my little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home