Under Omache's Eye

Monday, May 03, 2004

Formal

Formal was awesome. A group of us went to Mellini Cuccinas beforehand. Good Italian food. Then we needed to go to Walmart because Kyle needed a tie and a camera. So there we are in Walmart, wearing formal clothes. We got more than a few stares, but it was alright. The dance itself was pretty fun. The music definitely could have been better though. I really can't dance, unless its swing, but I'm not adverse to pretending! I still do it very badly, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a good time.

In other news, my hell week is over. In the past seven days, I have had three concerts and a few finals. After our concert yesterday, Logan gave me a paddle! (If you don't know, it's a fraternity thing). Then we went with a couple of friends to China Star. Yum! After that, I went to Chris Reighley's recital. He's a graduate euphonium student. He played two pieces and it took an hour and fifteen minutes! OMG. I feel asleep during it and when I woke up, he was still playing the damn thing. I spent the rest of the day practicing my tuba and studying for Music History.

That brings us up to today, the first day of Finals Week. I'm working like 21 hours this week. Today, after I get off work at one, I will go immediately to Baird to practice my jury piece. My jury is at 2:24. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. Then, at three o'clock, I have my Music History final. That's all I'm going to be studying for this morning. But after today, 90% of my stress will have been relieved. Other than work, all I have left to do this week is a Strings final and a Human Growth and Development final on Thursday. I'll try and stay up to date on how I am doing this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home