Under Omache's Eye

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I felt like I got something accomplished today! I practiced for a good 45 minutes this morning before music reading class. During this time, I spent a half hours on just my minor scales. I played through them many times and I think I might be able to get all of them under my fingers by Friday. Dr. Baker, my tuba professor, had me sign up for two jury slots because its going to take me awhile to play through everything I have to play. I also played through my jury piece and did it relatively well. The piece itself has over a three-octave range, which is enormous, and I didn't have too much trouble playing my upper range. It goes up to a G in the treble clef staff. That's pretty freakin' high for a tuba seen as I'm most comfortable playing below the bass clef staff. Dr. Baker has been so happy with my improvement this semester that she's going to start having learn how to play the F tuba. I'm on a C right now. I turned in my term paper today for music theory. I'm just so relieved that its finally finished. Our concert band concert is on Thursday and we've been having extra rehearsals to get ready for it in time. I'm so sick of the music we're playing. But of course, I always am by the end of a semester. I love performing it though and I think its going to be really good. All I have really got left is four reports on Journal entries for Tuba/Euph. Ensemble, and practicing for my jury and for piano. Other than that its just a whole buttload of studying. Which I guess I'll get back to now. The countdown is 11 days 'till I come home. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home