Under Omache's Eye

Saturday, November 15, 2003

A little bit about me.

I guess I might as well tell you guys a little bit about me. My real name is Christopher and live in Port Orchard, Washington. I'm currently attending school at Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky. I'm majoring in music education and my primary instrument is the tuba. I want to be a Jr. High band director. I'm probably crazy. Last year I joined the fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia. It is a social/music fraternity. It is also the largest music fraternity in the world. I'm in the Theta Pi chapter of Phi Mu Alpha. We are currently the largest chapter of our fraternity with around 60 active members. I love my fraternity brothers and would do anything for them. Unfortunately, I really don't like living in Morehead, Kentucky.

Throughout my childhood, I was very active with the Boy Scouts of America. It forever changed my life. When I was fifteen, I started working at Camp Brinkley, a cubscout and boyscout camp. I have been working there for five years now and will continue to do so until I am no longer able to for whatever reason. When I was sixteen, I became a full time staffer and starting working in the Scoutcraft area, where I found my affinity with fire. Halfway throughout the summer, I got moved to the Nature area, which is where I applied to in the first place. The year after that, I became the Asst. Nature Director and the year after that, I became the Nature Director. This last summer I was the Asst. Program Director and eventually I expect to eventually become a Program Director; a position that I do not want quite yet but will do it to the best of my ability if asked of me. When I finally do turn 21, that will be a position that I am ready for. Camp is my home and the other staffers are my other family other than my fraternity brothers. I'm honored to have this many close friends. I learned ideals working at camp that will be with me the rest of my life. I get the opportunity to teach these very ideals that I learned to the campers and the junior staff members, just as they were taught to me. The other staff members that I work with are the best people I know. "Haiyoo Wawa Canim Stick" is actually my Vigil name that was giving to me when I was awarded Vigil Honor in the Order of the Arrow. In English, it roughly translates into "Screeching Cedar". I choose this name because of two things. The cedar tree is my favorite tree because it has many uses and stands proud and protectively over you. Screeching is supposed to show the fury of my passions in life.

1 Comments:

  • I hear that. Its been years since I was at Brinkley but I miss it every summer. I used to be the shooting sports director the year piggot opened. I miss my old archery range... :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home