Under Omache's Eye

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Poem

One of my friends is having relationship problems. We were talking about it a couple of weeks ago and she told me a poem she wrote about how she feels. Its titled "Lost". Here it is:

Lost in Life, with swarming thoughts,
of friend to keep or should not,
they've hurt you once, and you've been caught,
leave that friend and let them rot,

a cold heart grows stronger too,
filled with hate, I do love you,
let them go and leave them be
if they were true, they'll fight not flee,

a friend's a friend, a person who cares,
they fix thy heart, not let it tear,
in this case, it's not so true,
for they have turned their back on you,

they've made you feel cold at heart
and treat you if your not so smart,
you want to scream, or maybe run,
instead you stay, to say "were done"
-Erica
Sometimes we all feel like this. I know I certainly do. Sometimes you don't know how you can keep on going with your normal life. But that's all we can do. We can't change the world and we certainly can't change what has already happened. All we can do is keep on living, because in the end, all we have is our own life. I really hope that Erica's life gets better. She is one of the best people I know and she deserves someone who will take good care of her. I know her life will eventually turn around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home